Graduate Program - Advice to Applicants
Before You Apply
- Ask reliable mentors whether a graduate degree is the right thing for you, and is a good way for you to meet your personal or career objectives and ambitions.
- Contact potential Advisors/Supervisors for advice about courses and your proposed research area.
- Ask faculty and graduate students at your current university about Geography at Western, in many cases they will know the Department and some of our faculty members.
- Contact graduate students in the Department to get their feedback.
- If possible, arrange to visit us.
- Return to the application process page to learn more about the deadline.
When You Apply
- (online application page)
- Notify potential Advisors/Supervisors that you are applying.
- Make sure that you have chosen reliable referees.
- Take care with the content of your application.
- Ensure your online application ID number is clearly set out on the additional materials provided to the Department for review.
After You Apply
- Arrange to visit us, either through your potential Advisor/Supervisor or the Graduate Administrator.
- Let us know if you receive offers from other programs.
- Notify us of any address change or any other status change that may affect your application.
Please contact the Graduate Administrator with any questions regarding the graduate program.
Phone: 519-661-2111, Ext. 85033;